Sunday, July 10, 2011

Dr Seuss Wedding Cake

Hi,

There are some types of cakes that you'll probably only get to make once and I think this is one of them!!
When I first met Kelly-Louise I immediately thought this girl is fun, then when she handed me a copy of her wedding invite, I thought maybe a little wacky too hehehehehe. Kelly-Louise wanted me to create a Dr Suess inspired wedding cake, but not just a subtle hint of Dr Seuss but full blown Dr Seuss all the way. Kelly-Louise & Les were having a Dr Seuss themed wedding!! Wow, I was so in my element, this was going to be fun. But would I succeed? "Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed." Fun it was. I had the most funnest time creating this cake and was just lovin the end result sick hehehehe. This cake required me to get in touch with my inner Dr Seuss and "Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" Kelly-Louise & Les THANK YOU for chosing an amazing theme and THANK YOU for allowing me to create this cake for you. I was sad to see this one go, but Dr Seuss once said "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Congratulations to you both I hope you had an amazing day xo.
A big thankyou to Stephen & Hayley from STEPHEN LANE PHOTOGRAPHY for the amazing photos of this cake. Somehow they've managed to make my cake look awesome hehehehe. Thank you both.

Happy caking.
Leoni.
xo


8 comments:

Anna said...

This cake is adorable and so creative! I love the theme.

-B
http://maskingmetaphors.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Fantastic, love it!

Unknown said...

Wow. That cake looks absolutely gorgeous. Very imaginative. :)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, this cake makes me so happy!

Nancy said...

You are amazing! That is the neatest cake & most colorful! I love it!

Jen said...

What a brilliant cake! That is truly amazing, and I love that someone would have it as a wedding cake!

Angela said...

truly dr seuss!

ThatsThat! said...

I Love it!! Good Job!!!