Friday, May 20, 2011

First Birthday.

Hi Everyone,

I've neglected you all for a little bit. I am sorry :-( So much has been happening, sick me, sick children, sick husband, it seems to have been just one thing after another. I promise to though, not to be gone for so long again ;-)Here's a cake I made for Amanda's little daughter celebrating her 1st birthday. Amanda was specific about what she wanted and even sent through a picture of a cake that she wanted me to recreate. I find it so much harder to replicate cakes when a customer is specific about what they are after, as there's no room for changes or error. They know what they've ordered visually and it's what they expect. Pressure on!! In saying that it's never going to be the same, can never be. I do however think I did ok with this cake. Original design and credit goes to Pink Cake Box. I do love their work! Check it out, bottom row, 4th from the left. http://blog.pinkcakebox.com/category/pastry-images/children-cakes/page/3
Thanks for allowing me to create this cake for you Amanda, I loved it ;-) Hope you had a lovely day.

Happy caking.
Leoni.
xo

No comments: