Tuesday, July 1, 2008

In the beginning....

I'm not sure exactly how it started, my love for making little cakes, but I think it was when I made them for my daughter's 2nd birthday. People loved them, they said they were great. I suppose that inspired and motivated me to keep on making happy cakes. My husband calls them happy cakes. He says he loves it when I get all inspired and start making something new. He wishes that I could have learnt to make kick ass salad rolls, something slightly friendlier for his waistline! But anyone can make salad rolls, only a few can make kick ass cakes! They're also referred to that in the home as well. My kids love the "cuppycakes", as my youngest calls them. When I make them at home they love licking the bowl. What kid doesn't. Whenever I'm about to cook, I've got to pull a chair up for the kids to stand on and watch. My daughter always asks, "can I help you make cuppycakes mama", "sure" I say, "why not". They're so much fun to make and they make me happy. I love giving them to people. I also love people who love them. So I suppose this is where the name Happy Cakes came from, and why I refer to them as "A little cake for my happy".

No comments: